If a home sale is in your future for 2018, there are a few easy, inexpensive tips we’d like to share with you for achieving a faster sale.
1. Clean and replace your blinds. Many people underestimate the impact small changes like this can have. This cheap, easy fix will not go unnoticed by buyers.
2. Fix squeaky doors and drawers. This can be done quickly and for little money by using a can of WD-40.
3. Declutter. My rule of thumb for decluttering a listing is to store or get rid of any items you won’t need or use in the next 90 days.
4. Freshen the air. We don’t mean simply using air fresheners throughout your property. In fact, too many air fresheners will have the opposite of the desired effect. Instead, clean the house, shampoo the carpet, and add fresh paint. You may also even want to rent an ozonator.
5. Pretend your house is a hotel. Have fresh towels set out and nicely displayed, set up the dining room as though you are ready to serve, and make your bed every single day.
6. Don’t do too much seasonal decorating. If you list during the holidays, don’t overdo your decor. It isn’t that you can’t decorate at all, it’s just that you don’t want things to look overdone or tacky.
7. Check your front door. Your front door is the first thing people see when they come in, but make sure your door is painted, caulked, and free of cobwebs.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.